South Brisbane Chaplaincy supports the students and community at Brisbane State High School. Chaplaincy plays a vital role within the school’s support program. The Chaplaincy service has a rich heritage within the school and has made a difference in many students’ lives across the decades.
The chaplain at Brisbane State High School provides support and pastoral care to students and staff, helping with personal, emotional and spiritual needs (with parent/guardian consent). They provide a listening ear to students who may be experiencing struggles or who just need to chat. They also lead a range of positive groups and activities that provide a great outlet for students to grow in resilience, build friendships and find support when they need it.
We are currently accepting applications for the chaplaincy position at Brisbane State High School.
School Chaplain – Brisbane State High School
Part-Time – 3 Days a week (subject to funding)
Commencement date: Term 1, 2022
1. The Chaplain must meet minimum requirements set out by the Department of Education (Federal and/or State Government)
2. Recognised Qualifications
- Diploma of Youth Work
- Diploma of Counselling
- Certificate IV Youth Work
- Certificate IV in Pastoral Care
- Certificate IV in Chaplaincy
3. In order to satisfy all Federal and State Government requirements, your qualifications must include these two core units (or equivalent):
- CHCCCS016 – Respond to client needs
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
4. Hold a valid Working with Children Card (Blue Card)
5. Complete EQ Mandatory All-staff Training Course – yearly (to be completed on commencement with BSHS)
How to apply
To apply or view the full position description – click here.